College & Career Counseling Information
How to contact the College & Career Counseling Department
Scheduled events, including DC recruiter opportunities and college fairs
Denver Christian has partnered with Overgrad to offer another resource for our high school students in determining college and career choices. Overgrad lets you monitor your students' college and career goals, readiness, and matriculation so you can focus on what's important and react faster. Overgrad partners with top four-year, non-profit universities and employers to help them locate students who are good fits for their institution. Overgrad alerts you when universities and employers have expressed interest in your students so you can monitor the postsecondary connections your students are making.
To login to overgrad, click here.
Online College Information Resources
Raise.me - www.raise.me
- Earn scholarship money simply by accomplishing basic things-- completing a course, playing sports, participating in extracurricular activities, etc.
- Learn more about this new opportunity in Mr DeNooy's letter to parents.
Cappex - https://www.cappex.com/
- Cappex is a free resource for students and their parents. Create an account and login to learn about colleges and scholarships.
- A useful tool to research what colleges are right for you through college reviews and matchmaking.
- Learn about your skills and strengths and choose a major that's right for you.
- Apply for thousands of dollars worth of scholarship and aid.
College Greenlight - https://www.collegegreenlight.com/
- Create an account to learn about scholarship opportunities unique to your skill set and passions.
- Explore new colleges and find your perfect college.
Affordible Colleges Online - http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
- Online access to college affordability and student resources including details on college life, academic support, and financial aid.
- College rankings using a priority scoring system.
College in Colorado - http://www.collegeincolorado.org
- Free resources for students. Everything from career and interest assessment tools to college searches and financial aid info.
- This website is great for students who are looking to increase their knowledge of schools both in Colorado and across the nation. Additionally, this website provides students with the tools and resources to began advertising their skills in both college applications resumes.
- Students can also assess their GPA and testing scores to see how they compare to other students applying to college.
- Students can search, explore, and apply for scholarship opportunities as well.
Colorado Admissions Tool - http://www.coadmissionstool.com
- This resource is aimed toward Colorado schools and allows students to explore what the schools have to offer.
- Students can input their GPA and testing scores into the site wizard to see if they would be considered competitive for admissions in Colorado.
Community Colleges of Colorado - www.cccs.edu
- This website contains information on the 13 entrepreneurial colleges throughout the Colorado Community college system.
- Students can find details on the campuses, available degrees and enrollment information.
Big Future College Exploration - http://www.bigfuture.collegeboard.org
- This resource is helpful for students who have several prospective schools on their lists. Students can select their interested schools and compare and contrast each school to narrow down their selection.
- This resource also allows students to explore careers and search for scholarships.
Peterson’s College Guide - http://www.petersons.com
- Explore colleges based off student’s priority factors such as tuition, size of school, majors offered, location, etc.
- Search for scholarships as well.
American Educational Guidance Center - http://www.college-scholarships.com
- Links to 70 scholarship search data bases, GPA and student loan calculators, a guide to the FAFSA, information on online degree programs for adults, and dozens of helpful articles for college students of all ages.
- Specific Christian college list - http://www.college-scholarships.com/schools/christian-colleges/.
Wells Fargo College Guidance
- Wells Fargo College STEPS Program at wellsfargo.com/collegesteps - Students and parents can both sign up for the CollegeSTEPS program to stay on track with college planning. You'll receive emails on topics like study tips, financial aid, and campus visits.
- Your Financial Aid Journey at wellsfargo.com/fivesteps - Journey through the financial aid process with Mr. Fellows and Monty. Through the interactive ebook and videos, you'll get help sorting out the different options to pay for college expenses, including information on how to compare award letters.
Online Scholarship Resources
Financial Aid Information
Most colleges require students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This information is used by the financial aid office at your college to determine the types of aide for which you are eligible.
Where can I find more information about the FAFSA?