High School Families,
I hope that you are enjoying summer with your family and friends. It sure has gone quickly ... we are less than a month away from the first day of school. I just wanted to connect on a few dates and details.
This has been a busy summer as we look to welcome the largest group of students that we have ever had at this campus. This is truly exciting and an answer to prayer!
With increased enrollment our staff has also grown. Here is the list of new high school teachers ... Welcome to DC!
- Dr. Curry (Science)
- Mrs. Delnero (Band)
- Ms. Erickson (English)
- Mrs. Lawrence-Krekel (Choir)
- Mrs. Mayen (Spanish 3)
- Mr. McClain (History/Bible)
We also have the following new head coaches for next year ...
- Boys Basketball: Mr. Berglund
- Girls Cheer: Mrs. Natelborg
- Boys Baseball: Mr. Jones
I did want to also share a few dates to put on your radar ...
1. Fall Schedules Meeting -- The master schedule has been built, and I am ready to meet with students (and parents) to review/confirm Fall Schedules. Like previous years, no appointment necessary ... just show up during the times below. These are usually 10 minute meetings.
- Seniors -- Friday (7/26) 8:30 - 4:00; Monday (7/29) 8:00 - 2:00
- Juniors -- Tuesday (7/30) 8:00 - 2:30; Thursday (8/1) 10:30 - 3:30
- Sophomores -- Friday (8/2) 8:00 - 2:30; Monday (8/5) 12:00 - 5:00
- Freshmen -- Tuesday (8/6) 8:00 - 5:00; Wednesday (8/7) 12:00 - 5:00
2. BackPack Night -- On Thursday, August 15 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm, we will have Backpack Night. It is a time to meet teachers, put items in your locker, and visit with friends.
3. New Student Orientation - Monday, August 19 (8:20 - 11:30am). This half-day orientation is for ALL 9th graders and ALL new students in grades 10-12. You will spend time learning more about the high school program, meeting your teachers, and getting your schedules.
4. First Day of School - Tuesday, August 20 (8:20am - 12:00pm). This half day will be spent in convocation, meeting teachers, and walking through your schedule.
5. DC Dash - Saturday, August 24 -- Plan on attending the DC Dash ... a 5K or 1 mile race. All proceeds go to Boosters Club to support athletics and fine arts at school.
More information to come ... watch the Sunday newletter!
We've made some changes to campus over the summer, so when you come for the scheduling meeting, take some time to check out new classrooms, offices, and flooring.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
High School Principal