Volunteering Makes a Difference!
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
At Denver Christian School we realize that parent engagement is necessary to increase children's success in school and build our DC family. We encourage every adult that is involved in a DC child's life to participate in the "Doing Community "Side-by-Side" volunteer program.
Our goal is to create a culture of community and support for our students and their education through serving together. We would love for you to utilize this program as a way to engage in the DC community, serving "Side-by-Side," being the hands and feet of Jesus for our students, staff and DC School community.
How to Get Involved
- There are two ways to volunteer Click here to see our current Volunteer Opportunities and Event Sign-ups.
- Look for highlighted volunteer needs in the weekly DC Wednesday Newsletter!
- Sign up to get on an "Urgent Volunteer Needs" email/text list.
- Please help us gather parent volunteer areas of interest by completing our Volunteer Interest Survey online. You will find a link at the top of both our volunteer web pages.
How to Log Your Volunteer Hours
NEW VOLUNTEER LOGGING YOUR HOURS SITE: Please visit! As you know, we ask all volunteers to please log your volunteer service hours. This helps Denver Christian in compiling important data of our volunteer service community. This data can help us with our recruitment efforts and some grant writing. This year, we have a NEW and EASY volunteer management system that allows you to log your hours easily through the website, or their app. The system is called: "Track it Forward." Simply follow this Track it Forward LINK and follow the instructions to set up your own personal/private account.
Volunteer Acknowledgements of Appreciation
At DC, we truly appreciate each of our volunteers. You are serving the Lord through our school community. In an effort to show our appreciation to you, our volunteers, this year we would like to say THANK YOU by offering the following acknowledgements of appreciation:
- 10 hour volunteer: DC Coffee Mug
- 25 hour volunteer: DC Thunder short-sleeve shirt
- 50 hour volunteer: DC Thunder long-sleeve shirt
- 100+ hour volunteer: DC Thunder sweatshirt
Once you have reached the above hours logged, you will receive a coupon for redemption in the DC store. Coupons will be handed out monthly at the general PA meetings. If you are unable to attend the meetings, we will contact you personally. If you have questions, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Debra Adair at: email@example.com
Background Authorization Form
Help us keep our students safe!!! All Volunteers that work with our students should complete and return the DCS Background Authorization Form to Brant Epperhart before volunteering at Denver Christian. This form should be printed, filled out, and returned to Brant Epperhart along with your check for $16 (DC will cover the other half of the background check fee). Once authorized, this is good for 3 years.
Note: You may assume that your background check has cleared (you have been approved for volunteering at DCS) one week after you've submitted the form to DC unless you have been notified otherwise.
We look forward to working "side-by-side" with you in our volunteer program. Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Debra Adair, at any time with questions. She can be reached at Volunteer@denverchristian.org.
Logging your hours supports Denver Christian School in many ways:
- Provides opportunities for all of our families to engage and feel part of the DC Community.
- Allows DC the opportunity to apply for special grants that request documentation of volunteer hours and community engagement.
- Helps us reach the 7,000 volunteer service hours goal!
Check back often to view progress on the 7000 Volunteer Hours Goal!