To contact our Athletic Director Barb Landhuis:
We set the tone with our Athletic Motto: To God Be the Glory
We offer competitive after-school athletics for students in 6th – 12th grade competing in the Mile High League. One of the joys of Denver Christian Schools’ athletic program is that we have a very high student participation rate at both the High School and Middle School levels. Our students are able to participate in different sports during the three seasons, Fall, Winter and Spring. This is just another one of the many avenues our students are able to use the amazing abilities with which God has so richly blessed them.
We believe interscholastic athletics are an integral part of a Denver Christian education. Denver Christian is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered education, so our athletes must pursue the goal of excellence within a Christian framework. The success of our athletic program is more than the outcome of a competition between two different schools; it means capturing every aspect of athletics (practice, traveling, competing, etc.) as an opportunity for learning, physical development and discipleship. As Christians, we are called to excellence (performance to the best of our ability) in all areas of life because God rules over every area of our life, including athletics, and He has given us gifts to use for His glory.
Denver Christian provides the opportunity for our students to participate in athletics to:
- Help our students understand that God is in every part of their lives, whether that is in the classroom, on the athletic field, or in their home life.
- Develop physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, recognizing that each individual student is a unique creation of God.
- Provide athletic experiences where our teams participate in such a way that we honor our God, our school, our team, and our community.
- Develop our students into athletes who play fairly, observe regulations and policies, treat other with courtesy and take adversity without complaining.
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward teammates, opponents, and officials at all times.
- Help our students gain experience through athletic participation that will develop Christian character and reflect Christ to others.
- Help our students understand that our motto “TO GOD BE THE GLORY” is achieved when God is glorified through our effort, attitude, and performance. Our teams will train hard to win without submitting to the “win at all costs” view that is so prevalent in today’s culture.
Maps and Directions
DC High School Athletic Fees
Every student athlete must have an athletic physical before participating in the first practice. An athletic physical form can be found here.
To play a sport at DC, athletes are charged a sport fee per season to help off-set the expenses of high school athletics. Sport fees are set to encourage participation in multiple sports. (In addition, each sport has a list of items that the athlete will need to purchase (e.g. shoes, practice gear, etc.).
1st sport = $300
2nd sport = $250
3rd sport = $200
DC Middle School Athletic Fees
1st sport = $125
2nd sport = $100
3rd sport = $75
HS Sports Photos
Are you intrested in purchasing a High School team photo or an individual HS sports photo? Click link below to get started. All proceeds go toward the DC Booster Club!